Overhaul focusing on greater realism, complexity and variety
Hi, I’m VoxR4710 aka ichibu from SkyrimNexus. This is my GTA series of mods Natural Realism which provides improvements for existing game files only, aimed at creating the most comprehensively realistic experience without losing anything from the original game, or relying on 3rd party scripts or injectors.
The end goal is that you can download both NR mods and those may be the only 2 mods you ever need to install.
You don’t need any other mods or software installed to use this. However, due to the nature of this only replacing vanilla files and only using vanilla resources, you should be able to swap, combine or overwrite any or all of the files with those of any other mods without experiencing any conflicts e.g. bugs/crashes.
Did you have a cool experience from this mod? I love to read it in comments 🙂
- Realistic, increased traffic variety with added DLC vehicles
- Easier crime – more realistic police
- Secret service agents wanted level 4 & 5
- Complex gang/relationship system
- Highly varied and realistic weapons for all people
- More realistic combat physics
- Greater variation in AI behaviours
– Traffic variety increased and added DLC vehicles with proper paint colours
– Police no longer appear in front of you when wanted
– Police take time to dispatch to reported crime scenes or during chases
– You can now evade wanted state realistically – by actually creating distance and then hiding in a car park, warehouse or down an alley
– You can now commit basic crimes and get away without even seeing police if you are fast
– Wanted levels work differently now. It’s 2020 and the recession has only gotten worse.
Level 1 is now simple police awareness, they’ll send a unit to the reported crime scene and if they see you they’ll pursue but they don’t really care as in real life with basic and petty crimes
Level 2 is now the first real wanted level and they will be sending multiple patrols and roadblocks but easy to avoid
Level 3 and above are reserved for serious crimes and will have a more classic feel as they start taking extra measures
Level 4 will start seeing some secret service agents and level 5 more so, plus all the classic action
– Police now take 3x longer to send another helicopter after one is destroyed and helis always need to refuel sometimes
– Police can carry a few types of handguns, shotgun and later G36 and MP5
– Police forces are more varied between detectives and officers, progressing to secret service agents at higher wanted levels
– Army now carry MK2 AR15s and MK2 Combat MG
– More discrete gang members added, not all gang members are colour coded anymore so it’s not always obvious what’s happening or who is fighting who.
– Gangs now have a complex and realistic web of feelings towards each other. Some will KOS others, some will join a fight but not start one, some gangs have alliances. Hillbillys hate all foreign gangs most. Chinese hate everyone. Most gang members dislike non-gang men.
– Realistic occurence of fighting – you should never find any area which is a constant warzone like in other gang and relationship mods. Gang fights will break out randomly, there are hotspots such as strip club area and chinatown, but nowhere is 24/7 gunfire.
– Realistic scale of fighting – much of the time, people will just box with each other. Quite frequently, someone will pull out a melee weapon. Occasionally, someone has enough, pulls out a gun and starts firing. Less occasionally still, a gunfight breaks out. Gang members now shoot more often and spray automatic weapons longer. Driveby shootings can occur, even car chases.
– Gangs now have a complex, realistic and highly varied loot table governing which weapons they will have. Hillbilly are more likely to carry tools, shotguns and revolvers. Black and latino gangs favour machetes, pistols, machine pistols and sometimes AKs. Chinese generally have higher tier weapons.
– People on the street converse faster and more naturally
– All people now have a chance to have some kind of weapon, most likely basic ones like broken bottle, switchblade, hammer or pipe wrench, if anything. But anyone could be carrying a gun! Tasers are quite popular for civil defence, too.
– Increased likelihood of gang members driving in groups (and listening to G shit)
– More random, chaotic & active behaviour of AI (more chatting, more fighting, less predictability)
– Health of all people reduced for cinematic gunfights
– Weapon impacts reduced, especially for headshots so that people crumple realistically to the ground, dead before they hit the floor
The above features combined produce a pretty beautiful spectrum of possibility which I don’t think I’ve even experienced all of yet. Truly random events happen often.
You might see a black gang member on the back of a bike start shooting a revolver at a mexican on a bike who then begins to chase them at high speed, shooting a pistol. He crashes, and they speed off. Or you could see 4 aztecas in a car driveby a couple asians with uzis. Or watch a guy beat up a woman on the street with a bat and then get his ass kicked by load of other guys. You can often see a lone soldier get slashed and stomped by an enemy gang too.
Never know what will happen next!
Use OpenIV or your favourite mod tool to open the rpf archives as shown inside the provided zip file. The directory structure mirrors that of the RPF archives. Copy all files to their respective locations inside the RPFs.
Recommended to make backups or use ‘mods’ folder method – always.
4.5: Rebalanced police again. Tuned traffic vehicles list for better performance vs variety (some vanilla vehicles removed, mostly hardtop versions). Added proper paintwork for the DLC vehicles. Tuned gameconfig. Tuned gang relationships (less people diving out of cars).
4.0: Performance version updated to remove test values.
4.0: Performance version added. Made for myself to help resolve gfx bugs. Has reduced graphics quality but I think the tradeoff is worth it personally. Among other things, carefully reduced & optimised traffic variety (compared to 4.0 normal) and reduced police amounts.
4.0: Updated everything for both performance and more realism (wanted for longer but with lower intensity)
3.8: Updated gameconfig for performance, fixed bug where civilians would always be carrying a weapon of some kind instead of just sometimes
3.7: Updated (CRASH FIX) for latest game update caused by outdated gameconfig.xml
3.6: All new performance config (gameconfig.xml) and all new traffic variety (popgroups.ymt)
3.0: Secret service update! Added FBI/CIA agents to wanted levels 4 and 5, as well as female officers and an alternate cop/detective looking guy.
2.5: Fixed performance issue, more customisations
2.1: Added weapons.meta with more realistic bullet impacts again, reduced ped health across all types for better gunfights. (I got sick of always having to spray people with bullets multiple times to actually kill them)
2.0: Remade as minimal version with less files and modification but same features, although also rebalanced
1.7: Increased range of evasion time, increased police spawn delay and hopefully stopped roadblocks appearing too near to where you just committed the first crime
1.6: Slowed general police response times a bit
1.52: Bullet impact tweaks added for Mk2 weapons, pedestrians given chance to carry Stungun, some gang members given very rare chance to carry grenades/molotovs
1.51: Bullet impact tweaks (and maybe police finalisations, not sure)
1.5: Expanded gang weapon choices, lowered chance of random pedestrians to have heavy weapons, police finalisations
1.4: More police stuff, roadblocks shouldn’t appear in front when you check behind anymore. Chases should be harder when they know where you are now but general wanted evasion should be easier.
1.2: Police stuff
1.12: Improved Police aspects. Magic police autolocator now disabled.
1.11: More gang work, CPRE dependancy removed, created own police loadouts & dispatch which is more vanilla, polishing tweaks
1.02: Tweaked gang relationships and densities within the population to reduce random fighting occurences a little more, removed traffic variety file which was erroneously included from World of Variety mod
1.01: Fixed loadout bug – heavy pistols were used instead of heavy revolvers
RECOMMENDED TO USE WITH:
World of Variety
GTA V ReSized
Realistic Driving V
Lifelike Traffic Speeds
CGE Dynamic Radar and HUD
All In The Game (Immersion Mod)